Exercise and diet are the two most important things in our lifestyle because they affect our health and well-being. People who are overweight should know that the unwanted pounds they have can lead to many serious health issues like increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, and gallbladder disease, hypertension and in the worst cases – different types of cancer. Obviously, following a healthy diet and maintaining an optimal weight cuts these risks significantly.
The diet that we are about to share with you was created by a famous European cardiologist. What makes it unique is the fact that the main source of protein according to this diet should be eggs. Our recommendation is to use organic eggs. The same goes for the fruits mentioned in the diet.
Don’t forget that this article is printer-friendly which means that if your printer is connected, simply click Ctrl and P and you’ll get the printed version. This is a good thing to do because you will have it close to you at all time. If you follow this diet and become physically active (exercise) for at half an hour a day, you will be able to lose 15 pounds!
Another great thing about this diet is that this is actually very easy to follow the diet. You will have to eat the same breakfast – one piece of fruit (any fruit you want except bananas or grapes). Our recommendation is to take one serving of blueberries or blackberries because they are rich in antioxidants.
- Lunch: One egg, one cup of yogurt and one orange.
- Dinner: Two pieces of toast, two boiled eggs, half a cucumber (you can use a small bowl of fresh lettuce instead), two tomatoes.
- Lunch: One boiled egg, one cup of yogurt, one orange
- Dinner: 125 grams of red meat, one piece of toast, one cup of sugar-free coffee or tea, one orange
- Lunch: one orange, one cucumber, one boiled egg
- Dinner: one orange, 125 grams of cooked red meat, one cup of sugar-free tea or coffee, one piece of toast
- Lunch: one orange, one piece of toast, 125 grams of cottage cheese
- Dinner: use the same dinner as the one used on the third day.
- Lunch: 200 grams of cooked fish or meat, one piece of toast and one tomato
- Dinner: half a pound of cooked peas, potatoes, and carrots
It is strongly recommended to practice this diet for five days in a row and giving yourself a two-day break before starting the same cycle again. The veggies present in this diet must be cooked without salt. Stay away from alcohol. In case you are not completely healthy, talk to your doctor before starting this diet.